Thursday, July 21, 2011

Post Midterms Lag

So we had midterms yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I studied. But I had been wishing that I had been more scared about them, because then I would have been more motivated to study. But I tried, and I found that the midterms actually weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be. Totally managable. It's funny how often that happens. You work yourself into a tizzy the night before over the midterms, and then you get to the actual test? Piece of cake.

It took me forever to fall asleep last night, and I felt like a zombie when I woke up this morning. I have quite the system down now, I roll out of bed, put a bra on (I can't go outside with everything swinging!) and go down to the 7 Eleven to buy fruit and a small thing of milk. Then I make oatmeal, and check my facebook. I know, I lead an exciting life. Don't be jealous now.

I do have a confession to make though. My room is kind of disgusting. Not that there is anything growing on the floors or anything, it's just kind of messy. I have hit the point though where I don't want to clean it, because I am only going to be here for three more weeks, so it doesn't seem worth it to me. I'll let someone else deal with the mess. Although I have to admit, there is a small patch of slime on the floor in the bathroom, because it never totally dries out, and I have no shower curtain. If they don't give me a shower curtain, then I am not responsible for what they have to clean up later. That's all I am saying. But maybe I am being petty.

When I got to class today, I was on fire. We were doing a section on the population crisis, and it was a really easy section. Only one other person showed up for class today (clearly, everyone else was dreading getting our test scores back) but it actually turned out really well. The other guy in my class was from New Zealand, and between the two of us, it was a fun class. I learned how to say "exponential function" today. Think I can call myself bilingual yet?

My other class was kind of a mild disaster. There were three of us, and we were all so tired and dead. After ten minutes, our teacher just stopped, and laughed at us for looking so tired. I couldn't blame her. I would have laughed at us too. I was so exhausted I couldn't think straight. I kept getting lost half way through her sentences. In my single class, I just kept staring at my teacher, thinking, this class has to end. I was that tired.

Thankfully, I got a nap. After a trusty lunch from my favorite bao zi place. I swear, they see me coming, and they just know what I want. I love those guys.

It's bed time for me. We shall talk again soon :)

No comments: