Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Live and Learn

I slept phenomenally last night. Seriously. It was glorious. I went to bed at 11, woke up at 7:45. And I was so fast asleep when I woke up, that I didn't know what the fuck was making noise to wake me up, much less where I was, or what my name was. It took me a couple more minutes of lying there to bring myself back to present. I was quite incapable of thinking of a good reason for me to leave my bed and go to class though. Why on earth would I do that? Unfortunately, I had no choice.

I also slightly screwed up breakfast this morning. That is the one meal of the day that I still really can't figure out. What do I eat? This question is even harder to answer while I am in China. I got a small bowl of cereal and some fruit for breakfast this morning, and planned on getting some bao as a snack on my way to class. However. I ended up talking to someone on the phone for far too long, and only got out of my room with 10 minutes to spare to get across campus and back to class. I made it, but I didn't get any food.

Unfortunately, because I had slept so well, and hadn't gotten enough food this morning, my morning classes were a little interesting. I was so tired, because I still hadn't properly woken up, and I was hungry. By the end of classes, I was in full on bitch mode. I gave my speech about Persephone and Hades, and then only one class to go. And I was SO HUNGRY. I think that I might have been a little cross with some people before I got food. You know how it is.

For lunch, I went with Jan and Will to a small hole in the wall noodle place. I was ready to eat an entire field of cows at this point, so I ordered 6 dumplings and a bowl of noodles. Carbo rush much? But the dumplings were amazingly good. Super fresh, and delicious. The noodles were decent, but I am definitely going to go back for the dumplings. We ran into another Californian while sitting at the table, and I talked to him for a while, but my hunger was still screaming at me. I really shouldn't be let out in public when I am hungry. It just isn't fair.

After lunch, I made the terrible decision to go to the gym. I was full on a ridiculous amount of carbs, but I still decided that lifting a bunch of heavy weight would be a good idea. Duh. I am never doing the whole sugar low, sugar high thing again. That was a terrible idea. I feel so embarrassed. I am going to have to eat by myself for the rest of the week.

The gym did not go so well, surprise surprise. I was so full, and I could barely do anything. I did some bench pressing, but abs were strictly out of the question. It only took half an hour for my stomach to be upset and my head to be spinning. I wish I could say I was surprised. I called it quits, and headed back home. I know, I am ashamed too. I showered, and took a nap. It is so god damned hot I have to nap all the time.

My one hour nap turned into a two hour nap, and then it was time to do my homework, and get dinner.

The only other happy thing that happened was that I went to play pool. Even though there was airconditioning in the pool room, it was filled with smoke. I smelled like an ash tray by the end of the night. Don't get any ideas, I am absolutely terrible at pool: I will occassionally make some good shots, but those are totally flukes. But it was a lot of fun. I had a splitting headache by the end of the night because of the smoke, but what are you going to do? It was totally worth it.